WE ARE COMMITTED to providing Hope and opportunities to one of the Poorest regions in the world.
we believe Congo Voice can accomplish this by providing; refuge for orphaned children, education for the local population, opportunites for new buisnesses, and available medical care.
WHY CONGO ?
1. The Democratic Republic of the Congo is ranked as one of the poorest countries in the world.
2. The country has been devastated by wars, rape, corruption and AIDS.
3. The mortality rate for kids is one of the highest in the world. 1 in 5 don’t see their 5th birthday.
4. The unemployment rate is over 95% – so the opportunity for employment and the ability to provide for your yourself and your family is very limited.
5. The number of kids living without any family support is staggering; 10,000 children live on the street with no one to care for them. Partially caused by the impact of the 10+ years of war, high spread of HIV/AIDS & malaria and an unstable governement.
6. The Gemena area was a logical place to launch due to strong exsiting local Congolese leadership and significant agricultural resources to build a sustainable economy. We know that through our various projects we could help change the lives of this generation which would in turn improve opportunity for future generations.
HOW WE ACHIEVE THESE GOALS:
1. The Children’s center is used as a vessel to provide basic needs for children without families include housing, security, nutrition, medical coverage, and education. The Children’s Center has saved, restored and given new hope to many of these children.
2. Providing higher education (UPU) – educates & trains the local population to create and sustain self employment through launching entrepreneurial businesses combatting the 95% unemployment rate. By creating their own jobs, they which will then create a sustainable local economy.
3. CongoVoice is unique in that ALL donations are invested in the people of Congo– dispersed through our many projects. All overhead and administrative costs are covered by the CongoVoice leadership board. Your donations are used exclusively for what you designate to or as needed within one of these programs.
4. CongoVoice have unanimously agreed to personally serve “on the ground” in Ubangi. There are staff in the Ubangi to establish and nurture partnerships with other relief organizations who are also investing resources in this region of the Congo – such as World Vision, Hope International, and Paul Carlson Partners. These staff can also re-asses the urgent needs of the center and all the projects.